Five stylish and successful ladies on a video presented by Style.com share their thoughts on their favourite summer essentials and reveal the secrets to their personal style. The video entitled "Girls of Summer" can be found in the shopping section of the website. It is an example of how important individual style and taste is, depicting women who love feminine clothes to those who prefer masculine layering. Its worth checking out. The list below is what i gathered from the video
- Dresses- Soft summer dresses in beige or white. If you find a style that suits you buy it in multiple colors, because it's always going to look good no matter what season.
- Cover up- A classic trench coat such as a Burberry one can last you a lifetime
- Footwear- Beautiful sandals in metallics or detailing rather than thongs.
- Individual Style-Find your own style, whether it be a preference for high quality classics, feminine silhouettes, all black, man-style tailoring or casually chic, if you love it, embrace it.
- Mix it up- high end designers with chain store buys.
- Trends are not the Be All End All- Trends shouldn't worry you, if it's no longer in "fashion" but you still love it-wear it!
- Dress for your lifestyle- If flats suit your day better, wear it. There's nothing worse than having a busy day and having your outfit get in the way!
- Be Yourself- Illuminating yourself is a lot easier than trying to duplicate someone else's style.