Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Kylie Minogue and High Waist Jeans??


High waist jeans are probably one of the hardest looks to pull off this season. You have to make sure you get the right color, right style for your shape, right waist rise length whilst avoiding the dreaded camel toe!!

Kylie Minogue is known for her sexy little body, but i don't think she's really rocking these jeans too well. I think it may have looked better in a darker shade, a narrower leg and perhaps a less fussy top?

I think it may have looked more modern that way as opposed to actually looking like it came out of your mum's closet, but i love Kylie so I'm going to stop there...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't know why everyone is fussing over high waisted pants for.

Men hate them, and as you said camel toes are a problem especially when they ride up during the day. I think this look is just women dressing to impress other women.

I am yet to see one celebrity successfully pull off wide leg or high waist pants, until then i cannot be converted!

In Yr Fshn said...

Agreed, Shaz, I don't think Kylie (whom I normally love) can rock these. They are a little loose on top maybe?

WendyB said...

I love Kylie, but I think you're right...darker and narrower leg might have been better. BTW, who cares what men like? If you're going to dress for men you might as well wear a Hooters uniform because they like those! As far as I'm concerned, men will like what I tell them to like
:-)

ingrid said...

very true wendy! If we dressed for men we will all probarbly go around wearing nothing or prehaps a little more conservative in a bikini all day.

A narrower darker leg would have looked alot better, and i'm not really a fan of that top either. BUt her smile and those sunglasses look really cute on Kylie.

Anonymous said...

I love the high waisted styles that are coming out, but these pants are, well, I'm not sure. I think you're right about the darker wash, and maybe without the pockets on the front like that...it's just to much right there at her waist.