Saturday, January 19, 2008

How rude of me...

Whilst i was at work today, i just realised that i hadn't wished all the lovely bloggers and readers a happy new year. So here goes...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
I hope everyone has a great new year and all there ambitions are fulfilled. But with a new year comes New Year's Resolutions. I try not to make New Year's resolutions because i never seem to fulfil them or i put to much pressure on fulfilling them that they finally burst in my face and fling me back to were i started from. Ok I'm being a bit dramatic here, but i do have a few aims this year...so here goes...
1. STOP PROCRASTINATING. I do this on a daily basis, mostly when I'm supposed to be doing a uni assignment or studying for a final exam. And then i wonder why I'm so stressed at the last minute. So hopefully this year I'll start my assignments when their given, actually study for exams and be a diligent university student...(Ok you can stop rolling your eyes).

2. EAT LESS CRAP. By less crap, i mean less chocolate. I am what you call a full blown chocoholic. Chocolate bars, chocolate cake, chocolate biscuits, cocoa in my milk...you name it, i've eaten it. But i have to admit i have cut a lot out, i just think a lot more chocolate needs to be cut out of my diet so i don't end up as one of Willy Wonka's oompa loompa's.

3. GO ON HOLIDAYS. I don't know were, but England, India and Thailand are a few tempting options on my list. I wouldn't mind going back to Norway either...now i just need an excuse oh and money to go.

4. GO OUT MORE OFTEN. When my friends call to go out on a Saturday night, a lot of the time my lazy side comes out and makes an excuse not to go out and alas i am quiet the party-pooper when i feel lazy.


5. STOP BUYING OVERLY TRENDY PIECES OF CLOTHING. I thought i didn't submerge myself in highly trendy pieces such as coloured tights, coloured jeans, those Louis Vuitton inspired 'Millionaire' sunglasses that are still selling at chain stores like crazy, neon bright t-shirts, Pucci-esq print tops etc etc. BUT when i had my massive wardrobe clean out to toss all the things i hadn't worn or thought about in over a year, i was surprised to see how many trend driven pieces i own which i am already sick of or frankly don't like at all. Maybe this year, i should do a lot less impulse shopping.

6. PUT MORE EFFORT INTO THE WAY I DRESS. When I'm running late for anything, the last thing I'm doing is contemplating what to wear, so i just pick up the first thing i see and run. This doesn't always turn out bad, because it's usually just jeans and a top...but sometimes i look down in the middle of class and think "what the hell am i wearing??", "umm a sweater dress and gold tights and it's a scoorching 35 degrees outside".

7. DON'T BUY 100 PAIRS OF DESIGNER SUNGLASSES IN A YEAR!!! I kid you not. I mentally went through the amount of sunglasses i own/owned from chain store ones to Dior to Gucci to YSL to Dolce & Gabbana to Chanel and the outcome isn't healthy. Well i sold most of them on eBay during Christmas time and i only kept one cheap pair and one Dior pair that i wear all the time. All i need is a pair of aviators and I'm set for the new year..i promise :)

Well that's all for now, these are a few things that i want to change or fulfill. So what's your New Years resolution?

13 comments:

WendyB said...

When someone looks as good as you in sunglasses, you SHOULD have a lot!

Anonymous said...

i love these sunglasses!! My main resolution - less chocolate;)

"Willy Wonka's oompa loompa's" - hah, you made me happy;)

cotton candy said...

my gosh!! 10 pair of designer brand sunglasses in a year?? you must be absolutely rich and oh, you shouldn't of sold them!! you could have worn a diffferent one everyday or something that suited your outfit! ... or you could have given them to me!! xD hahahah!!

and oh, resoltion of eating less chocolate....i tried and failed miserably.

Candid Cool said...

im with wendy u rival victoria beckham in look fabulous in shades.

im with on cutting down the shopping severely (to save up for going back to school in 3-5 yrs), eating more fruits & 3 "real" meals a day, and making more of an effort to take street style pics for Candid Cool.

Fashion Tidbits said...

you sure know how to work those shades!

penelope said...

haha chocoholics UNITE!!!
lol i KNOW right. just whn i told myself NOT to eat them anymore. i find a WHOLE stack of frey's choc which my brother's gf got for us from switzerland. ))))):
(could u just say EVIL?!!)


haha and the shades!!
gosh u look FABB in themm!!!

should have kept them and they could be the antiques of the future((: haha

Brandie said...

Oooo! I likey those shades!

In Yr Fshn said...

Excuse me, miss, but it's quite hard to stick to the whole less crap things (er, for the rest of us), when you are posting pics of the most amazing looking cake.
Oh well. I guess I can start again tomorrow.

Carolina Lange said...

Great list! And all of those sunglasses look really great on you!

Cassia said...

hey!where is a new note? :(( i am waiting and waiting...

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

NOMINATE. VOTE. CELEBRATE. RECONIZE.

Voting has begun for THE FASHION BLOGGER AWARDS!

http://mahalofashion.blogspot.com/2008/02/fashion-blogger-awards-2008.html

Complete list of nominees:
http://mahalofashion.blogspot.com/2008/02/fba.html


Official site:
http://Mahalofashion.com/Awards.html

Anonymous said...

Get em girl them Millionaire Sunglasses are crazy but to much so ill settle for some vinatge sunglasses like some of the ones you got on !

Anonymous said...

Yes im in love with Millionaire Sunglasses just cant affored them.