Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Shaded celebrities: What sunglasses are they wearing now?

When it comes to celebrities and their sunglasses, i take notice! And most recently i have notice celebrities such as Jessica Alba and Penelope Cruz donning the very classy Bvlgari 862 sunglasses. These sunglasses were first made popular by Angelina Jolie during her Cannes Film Festival appearances. They can be bought online at Otticanet for US $ 221.

Cut-away lenses are a huge trend at the moment, thanks to the style being popularised by the ever so famous Tom Ford Whitney sunglasses. Like many designers, Versace have bought out their own version of the cut-out lens style in the form of Versace 4114. The feature the Versace logo on both sides of the frame as well as the 'Versace' written on both temples. It sounds like alot of labelling, but it is very discreetly done. They can also be bought on Otticanet for US $187.

The Versace 4114 sunglasses worn by Jessica Alba, Charlize Theron and actress Melora Hardin, were seen in the print campaigns featuring Kate Moss...and if Kate Moss can't make you buy something, who can?

14 comments:

Luna said...

I'm still stuck at the Wayfarer-glasses. I never get sick of them..hehe.

Wendy said...

I want those Versace 4114 or at least some knock offs of them. But I still have to get red wayfarers before I invest in any sunglasses.

Adele said...

i love those Versace ones... but way to wide for my face... same as luna iam still wearing my ray ban wayfarers love themx

cotton candy said...

ooh!! are cut-away lenses back in?? i have a pair of chanel ones that used to belong to mum and i've been wearing it ever since and now, esp since they're a huge trend...more yayes! lol. ^^

Debbie Shiamay said...

I can only wear my sunnies when i wear contact lenses. Haha but they definitely make a girl look hot and trendy. Victoria Beckham is another Sunglass lady

Cee-Cee said...

i like the 2nd style.i also think aviators is whats hot at the moment.

Tinsley said...

at the moment im in love with aviators and my holly golightly wayfarers

In Yr Fshn said...

That ad is incredible! I know those glasses would look awful on me, but I totally want them. (last pair)

iñaki said...

Those shades look fab on Jessica Alba!
As for me, I'm holding on to my Way Farer as much as I can. I have to find substitutes for the Spring, and I think I'll do Versace too.

xx

The Pilgrim said...

I love the picture of Charlize with her... bodyguard?
Kate looks fabulous as usual.

The Pilgrim said...

And I agree with Luna, of course!

Prêt-à-Porter P said...

angelina is stunning

and im liking the look of the superblonde kate for this ad

ChiliLady said...

Kate IS the best.

Anonymous said...

I have these sunglasses in brown and at first I didn't think they would look good on me but now I love themmmm!!!!! :)