Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Scarf it up

While Victoria Beckham struts around in strapless mini dresses on freezing New York nights, the Paris fashion set have a more practical dress sense.

Mini dresses at the peak of a European winter is acceptable, provided, that one layers to the extent that the mini acts more like an under garment than the focus peice. This is one thing that the Paris fashion set know very well. Thick woollen coats, opaque stockings, killer boots and loose layering were all apart of the Parisian uniform.

However, the main focus was on scarfs. Fur, pashmina, cashmere and chunky woollen scarfs were seen on almost every fashion week bellwether. When it comes to making the practical look cool, you can always count on the women that tot around Paris.

9 comments:

JustBekky said...

Hehe, I read something similar and expanded on it. :)
Just one of those things that POPS out at you, and I like things that get people to ask questions, especially about their own beliefs.

I've been reading you for a while, I love your blog. I've got you on my RSS feeder but still pop in a few times a week to leave comments etc.

I got a new scarf for Christmas from an aunt, it's surprisingly gorgeous (as she IS related to my mother...), I just haven't found an outfit to wear it with yet. Scarves are awesome. They can really make an outfit.

Thanks for reading and commenting! :)
I'm new at this blogging thing, even though I've been writing forever, and I love to get feedback.

Bless!
xxB

In Yr Fshn said...

Paris pics kill me---sooo fashionable.

Shalini said...

IN YR FSHN-I know right? The Paris chicks are so fashionable and make it look so easy in the process..

Molly ;) said...

I cant live without a cosy scarf :)

Carolina Lange said...

The looks from Paris are somehow allways amazing!
And I love your pics!

addicted said...

im really enjoying all the scarfs. parisian style is my fav!

ChiliLady said...

scarfs, scarfs, scarfs!!!!

Iheartfashion said...

Love your scarf photo picks!

Wendy said...

Scarves are amazing inventions!