Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Latest Obsession: Katie Holmes Rehearsals

As she headed to rehearsals for her latest Broadway play All My Sons by Arthur Miller, Katie Holmes was under the watchful eye of many fashion critics. Many Anti-Scientologists ripped into her about her dress sense, way of life and style transformation.

I'm probably in the minority here, but i absolutely adored everything Katie Holmes wore as she headed in and out of the theatre doors to a paparazzi choca-block. Her distressed baggy jeans by PRPS Jeans with a starting price of $300, were ridiculed because they brought back the 80's peg-leg look.

I prefer Katie smartened up in her high-waisted, wide leg, J-Brand jeans with a casual t-shirt, cardigan and sky-high heels or skinny jeans with a well fitted blazer and metallic coated ballet flats.

Although her looks were kept simple, her handbags were top notch. The first photo shows Katie Holmes carrying around a Chloe Python Paratay bag which has also been seen on Mary-Kate Olsen. She has also been seen toting around a tan YSL Muse 2 bag, Hermes Kelly bag and Giorgio Armani oversized crocodile tote.

She has also been seen numerous times wearing the a crazy amount of high end sunglasses. She has been seen in Michael Kors 526 Crocodile sunglasses in dark navy (4th picture), also seen on Angelina Jolie, Jessica Alba and Jennifer Garner. Other sunglasses seen on Katie include Oliver Peoples Sofiane round sunglasses in Red Passion (3rd picture) and a few buckle temple classics by Roger Vivier (1st & 5th pic).

You may not agree, but all in all, she was understated and fabulous.

21 comments:

melmo said...

I agree, I love this very confortable style on her. she look so pretty!

♥ fashion chalet said...

I always love your blog name.

Thanks for the lovely outfit comment, you are such a dear!! :)

xo/ fashion chalet

♥ fashion chalet said...

PS: I want to see your shorts :) !

xo/ fashion chalet

Wendiva said...

i'm still having doubts about the roll up denim, but she looks great though. she pulls off the look but i could never do it...she's just got that effortless style!

Diana Coronado said...

Katie Holmes, the girl of the next door, she's soo cute !!

♥ Hugs !!

ZuKi said...

I like her style.I can not say that I admire it but it's cute like everyday outfits,I don't think she must wear everyday haut couteaur only because she is a star...

melmo said...

oh you are so a lucky girl! here in germany it's cold and rainy ...

ash said...

I'm with you, Katie took fashion-forward risks that worked in my eyes!
love the blog btw!
i linked ya!

angelgrotton said...

her style has definitelt changed! now they look balanced and nice with Tom!

iñaki said...

She's soooooooooooo perfect. I want to marry her!

xx

Savvy Mode SG said...

she is fab! and her bags to die for.

MR style said...

im so bored of katie please !!!! delete her !!

Cris Lazoru said...

She is so fun with the different jean styles! And oliver peoples sunglasses are my latest love. Oh and I love beanies!

C.

silhouette rouge said...

katie's style has just been too POSH(the real meaning of the word.lol) she just emerged as a stylish hottie overnight...remember her from her dawson's creek days??(ooouughhhh) neway i'm loving this ferocious stylish diva! and glad u did ur art on the post! fab!
xoxo WS

Sydneydoll said...

she gets more publicity for what she wears TO the rehearsals than the rehearsals/play itself.

Sydneydoll said...

I TAGGED YOU!

:)

iñaki said...

How fabulous is Katie!!?
I lvoe the way she plays around with quite simple casual wear yet manages to looks so fresh and fashion forward!!

xx

sarah said...

I am going to be unique here and say I absolutely hate everything except for maybe the sunglasses and bags. She looks like a soccer mom (albeit a chic soccer mom, but a soccer mom still). Her daughter has a better haircut than she does. Seriously, the fourth picture reminds me of my third grade teacher. And that was in the 90s.

ryder said...

im not a fan of katie but i dont see, as well as you, reasons to attack her sense of style wich i think its kind a classic and safe. sometimes very exciting.
but i dont like her hair. it ages her a lot.

WendyB said...

Somehow I can't imagine shorts in NYC. I never wore them in the city even when I was young enough to wear them.

dfadf said...

Microsoft Office
Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2010
Office 2010 key
Office 2010 download
Office 2010 Professional
Microsoft outlook
Outlook 2010
Windows 7
Microsoft outlook 2010